July 22, 2019

regrets


We regret things all the time. A lot of time.

And as we know, it always comes late. What’s done is done.

Then, why do we regret?
Why, even knowing that we can’t change the situation for any bit, we still have that feelings? We still blame ourselves for what happened?

through the lights..


I’m not saying that I haven’t done it myself.
I do have my own regrets.
I regretted my college life,
how I didn’t study seriously.
how I graduated without even knowing what I’d been studying the whole 4 years.
how I didn’t put enough time in socializing and making connections with my chem-eng’s friends.
how I didn’t maximize my potential, and also time, in doing my thesis.
how I felt stupid to fight for a relationship on my own.
how I wasted so much time wandering aimlessly.
how I hide behind “chose a wrong degree” and tried to run from my responsibility.
how I lived my life this far.

I don’t think I should go on the lists.

My point is, yes, I have regrets.
There are things I thought I shouldn’t have done, or said.

But looking back and also taking in where I am right now,
I won’t be here if I didn’t choose everything I’ve chosen.

I know, I know.
I might be questioning and wondering.
If I didn’t do that, where would I be now?

And yeah, that’s a whole other thing to be think about.
But from my standpoint, that’s not to be mulled over.
That’s also not to drag you down either.

Things happen for a reason.
You might not understand it yet.
The reason may not be the one you prefer.
We can always learn from it nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment