August 26, 2018

Deep Cry

One night, I couldn't sleep
My mind couldn't stop thinking
And my heart was wild and disturbed

I planned to ignore the feeling
But you know you can never lie to your heart
You just can't shush them
They're there
Always

Eventually,
I turned to the only way I know
I held the prayer rug
Lifted both of my hands
And pray

Honestly, I couldn't describe the feeling.
It was such a revelation.
I started the prayer and, out of nowhere, I felt divine presence.
Me, a mere being, was hugged by God.
Was lovingly looked after despite all my sins and wrongdoings.
The warmth, the genuine love, it was so overwhelming I couldn't help but cried.
I felt a great guilty feeling in front of a vast unbeaten love.


Dear Allah SWT,
The Most Gracious,
The Most Merciful,
The Most Forgiving,
thank you for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment