![]() |
| embracing the last bit of sun ray |
Several days ago, I had this random conversation with my mom on our way home. It started with a simple question of,
Then it led to everywhere.
Until we arrived to this question.
"If one of your friend comes to you with their problem, how do you handle it? Will you take it as your own problem, too?"
And I answered.
Once they come to me to talk,
I will be there to listen and to give them some of my thoughts regarding the problem or the story they tell. After that, I can only let them decide for themselves and still be there if they need another time to talk.
Perhaps, I'll be reminded of them whenever I read something connected with their conditions. But, that's all about it.
I don't take their burden as mine.
As long as they are not my partner or my immediate family.
Why?
It's exhausting. Without being selfish, I can't even manage my own business, who am I taking responsibility of others?
Yet,
I suddenly remember Prophet Muhammad SAW.
Ummati.. ummati..Even in his last days, we were his main thought. Our well-being was his main concern.
"O Allah, let Your Peace come upon Muhammad and the family of Muhammad, as you have brought peace to Ibrahim and his family. Truly, You are Praiseworthy and Glorious. Allah, bless Muhammad and the family of Muhammad, as you have blessed Ibrahim and his family. Truly, You are Praiseworthy and Glorious."
And I couldn't fight the tears.
No comments:
Post a Comment