October 8, 2019

Debate

Hey, what up?

Nothing.

Now, don't you start telling me lies. I can feel what you feel, remember? I know something is wrong.

I remember. But that would only mean you also know what I know, wouldn't it? Then, why you ask?

Smart girl. You know, I miss you somehow. We haven't been talking for a while. You always seem so busy with the outside world. I wait for you every night. You never came.

Sorry. It feels awkward talking with you.

No, it don't. Why should you feel that way? Are you afraid of something? Are you afraid of admitting something, of knowing the truth? Of yourself?

Probably. That should explain it.
Trust me, I want to get rid of that feeling for some time now. But again, I don't know exactly how. The one thing I know that this's been hunting me for awhile and it only makes me even more scared.

Come here.

No. I would prefer to just stay here, inside.

Here, take my hand. It doesn't hurt.

(slowly taking her hand) (dispelling dangling roots)

See? It's not that bad.

(sits outside, her chin on her knee)

So now, tell me, what's been bothering you?

Myself? How I behave. How I never follow through what I said. How I'm all talk. How foolish and pigheaded I am. How I can't stop undermining myself.

Us. You should've said us. Cause it's never just you alone. I'm here, you know? We're in this together, for better or for worse. Heck, I can't leave you anyway. Like, stuck here forever. Bare with me now, ha!

Yes. Us.
God, you aren't making it easier. You just make me feel even depressed. And guiltier.

Don't. Hear this.
Feeling guilty, or disturbed by yourself by any means, is rather a good start. That means you know there's something wrong with you. Something's not right and you have to do something about it. You should be thankful. Not everyone is bothered by their own feeling. They aren't even able to feel what you've been feeling.

You're kidding.

No kid.
But the point is, what will you do after? Will you do anything about it? Or, like everybody else, ignore it and let it be? Do you want to be just anybody else? Or do you want to be you?

Be me, I guess.

Yes, be you, be me, whatever. I know us. And I know you'd choose that.

What should we do now?

Live it, babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment