February 3, 2020

flashbacks

i was trying to sleep. but somehow i just couldn't.
sleep was never really been a problem to me. at least, since i was 5 yo.

when i was little, there was a period where i was so afraid to close my eyes. the image i got when i closed them, i couldn't bare as a child. i knew even then that everything was just my imagination. however, i felt terrified i couldn't surrender and sleep.

every time it occurred, i came to my parents. they told me to recite Al-Fatihah over and over until i fell asleep. and yeah, for several days i recited Al-Fatihah to get to sleep. some days, i made some variations. i recited Ayat Kursi. i did dzikir. and once, when i still couldn't doze off, i told myself repeatedly "emptied your mind". they worked fine for me.

what did i see that make me scared?

faces. unknown multiple random faces. or some other time the face of a murder victim in Detective Conan's manga.
hands. reaching out to me.
eyes. peeping through my blinds, spying on me all night.
faces again.
and a same set of dream landscape.

and i got older.
and the images faded.
and gone for good.

"push and pull"

but suddenly out of the blue, when i closed my eyes, i saw flashbacks.

it was like my life was turned into a movie and played right before my eyes. like, what the?
it got me thinking. was this the end of my life?

fortunately, not.
i'm still here. very much alive and well.
it's just, the experience left me with this guilty and uneasy feeling. what have i been doing all my life? why is it that everything i did, i did wrong? all of those times felt wasted. even though i consciously realize that everything happens for a reason, i can't help but thinking that i'm such a failure in life.

how come everyone can easily figure their life out easily?
how come they know what they want to do with their life?
how come everything goes smoothly for them?
how come?

all questions are circling around on my mind. i know the answer. i just don't want to admit. sometimes i just want to rant and get angry with life and just blame someone else. when it should've been me i blame. when at the same time, NO ONE is to blame. it's just how life is.

nothing comes easy.
however, everything is achievable.
believe, Ghan.
work your ass off
and believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment