May 31, 2020

namaste

"The divine in me bows to the divine in you."
I literally just learn the meaning by the time I typed this post and I found the meaning really deep and meaningful for me.

It reminds me with a TED Video. Susan David talked about "The gift and power of emotional courage." She started with this greetings.
Sawubona; means, "I see you and by seeing you I bring you into existence," or on another website i read, "I see you, you are important to me and I value you." It's a greeting used by Zulu tribe in South Africa.

And these both greetings are just beautiful.

Just like in Islam. We are taught to greet each other with this phrase.
Assalamu'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh; means, "May the peace, mercy, and blessings of Allah SWT be with you."

a sajadah...

I remember being told that everything I say matter. Everything I say is noted as a prayer. Everything I say could mean a lot to other peolple, either it's good or bad meaning. Therefore, I should really be careful with what I say. Therefore, I take saying birthday prayers or anything for that matter really seriously. And basically, being mindful with what I say has been an easy-peasy thing for me as I am not really a talker. However, as a normal human being, there are times when I just can't contain my emotion and words slip through my mouth. Things I would regret ever said.

For that, I am sorry. If I ever hurt you in any kind.
It may be because of my spoken words or my unspoken words or my actions or me.
I hope you would forgive me and we can always push and motivate each other to be a better person.


For the record, this wasn't the ending of the writing I intended to be haha. But somehow I got here. So, let me go back to where I planned this to be.

Photo by Elle Hughes @canva

I've been doing yoga for more than a month everyday now. Actually, yoga and HIIT workouts, whatever I am in the mood for at the time. It started in around the beginning of Jakarta's lockdown policy. Several days into the lockdown, I had a high fever. When I said high, it was seriously high. It was above 39C. I was so afraid and anxious I would caught Covid-19. I managed to not get panicked as my mom would be even more in panick if I did.

The one thing I focused on was to look for ways to boost my immunity. Right then, I went to yoga. I looked for pose to boost immunity and I followed the instructions. From there, with the help of y best friend who at the time invited me to a yoga-together video call,
I fell in love with yoga.

I challenge myself with poses. I incorporate at least 20 minutes of yoga to my every day schedule. As far as I can remember, this has been the longest commitment I've ever made to working out. And it's totally free. I haven't spent any penny (except for the yoga mat, new sport bras, and new leggings) for the workout program so far. There are so many available videos on Youtube if you want to start and just test the water. I started with Yoga with Adriene and Alo Moves videos. They also have 30 days program playlist if you don't know where to start and where to go the day after.

Why did I choose yoga?
I realize that I am lazy and I easily give up. Bad traits, don't be like me.
Knowing that, and knowing that I want to keep this working out habits everyday in the long run, I choose yoga. I choose a place where I know I can be comfortable. It challenges me to some extent but won't make me give up. And it doesn't require jumping (or low impact you would say). Besides the getting sweaty, I also train my lean muscle, flexibility, and just mental focus.

I learn about my body and to be in peace and in sync with it.

A little tips.
Don't start working out with a goal of losing weight. If you're like me who's just eager to see results and easily give up when you don't see the numbers change on the scale, just don't. That way, you'll lose the other advantages you get from working out. And you'll also lose interest easily. I experienced this first hand.

Keep in mind that you're doing this for your health.
For your body and mind.


Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment